Am very comfortable translating medical issues into plane
english. When I was researching careers after high school, I wanted three things;
1. To work with People, 2.
To work with my Hands & 3. loved Biology. All these came together
for me in Chiropractic.
• Familiar with a wide range of adjusting/manipulative/mobilization techniques and physiotherapy modalities, selecting the proper technique for your condition, history and body type.
• Being described as, up-beat, fit, funny (I don't really try to be) enjoy my life and my work.
• Have covered (as a substitute doc) for 70-80 different practices that treated any where from 7 to 170 patients in a day.
• X-Ray Licensed & Proficient.
(back in school, our definition of an "expert" was: 1. - From out of town, 2. Had a slide carousel and 3. Carried a briefcase. (I am probably from out of town, let me dust off that briefcase and where did i leave that power point show)
• Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Whittier, Ca, USA (1986-89)
• Doctor of Chiropractic Degree, 1989
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Biology, 1987
• (Accidentally qualified for a AS degree in chemistry :)
Licensed / Credentials:
• Australia, State of Victoria; License to Practice Chiropractic, 2000, lic. #1631
• State of California License to Practice Chiropractic, 1989, lic. # 20076
• State of California X-Ray Supervisor and Operator Permit No. RHC144106
• State of California Emergency 30-day Substitute Teaching Permit.
Diversified; Gentle Seated, Supine or Prone Cervical Adjustments; Palmer Method when indicated, Cox-Flexion/Distraction, Shoulder/Hip/Pelvis/Knee/Gate Evaluation and Adjustments, Activator, Traction, SOT, Drop Table, , Toggle, Manual Traction, Motion Palpation, & varied soft tissue techniques.
• Private Practice, San Luis Obispo, Doctor of Chiropractic, 2006 to present
• D.C. Vacation Relief, Locum Doctor of Chiropractic, California, 1997-2006
• Doctor of Chiropractic; Melbourne, Australia, 2000-2001
• (South Pacific Sabbatical, New Zealand, 1999)
• Private Practice, Los Osos/San Luis Obispo, Doctor of Chiropractic, 1989 to 1996
• Medical Advisor, (Med-X) Low Back Clinic, Kennedy Club Fitness, San Luis Obispo, CA 1997 to 1998
• Substitute Teacher, Lucia Mar School District, 1997 to 1998
• Precision Mechanical Inspector, ITT Cannon Electric, Santa Ana, Ca 1979-1985
Endorsed by 70 Chiropractors
DrBackman.com Chiropractic All Rights Reserved